People Know How believe that people know how to identify their needs and the solutions that will help them realise their potential and solve social issues. We help by supporting and empowering people to get organised and mobilise their assets. We call this process social innovation. Unlocking ideas for a better future, today.
Glenn Liddall – Founder, People Know How
Edinburgh Settlement has been very supportive as we have developed our approach to social innovation. In many ways what People Know How is doing connects with the very roots of the Edinburgh Settlement and its rich history for driving positive social change. Our projects reflect modern day social issues ranging from a digital project to work bringing together the Spanish speaking and Scottish communities.
- Social Innovation Academy: trains people in social innovation and community development that they can put into action and make a real difference.
- Positive Transitions: helps young people with the transition from primary to secondary school.
- Re:Connect: supports people to learn computer skills and engage with the digital world.
- Shared Heritage – Shared Future: builds bridges between the growing Spanish speaking population in Edinburgh and local communities through an innovative approach looking at package holidays.
- Research Briefings: takes the latest social research on a range of topics and produces easy to read and accessible reports.
People Know How also runs the Community Space at Ocean Terminal. Everyone is welcome to come along! The space is FREE for people, community groups and charities to use for exhibitions, events, talks, entertainment or any other suitable activity.